Who We Are
Canadian Organic Growers (COG) is a federally incorporated registered charity that has been promoting organic growing for over 30 years. COG’s membership includes consumers, gardeners, retailers, processors and farmers from all regions of Canada.
Sharing a vision −
for a sustainable, bioregionally-based organic food system that protects and enhances the health of people and the environment.
You are invited to join the Toronto Chapter of COG. Our mission is:
To create awareness of and appreciation for sustainable organic food systems by growing membership and providing opportunities to connect people and their food, land and community.
The Toronto chapter undertakes the following activities
- Presents speakers and panel discussions on organic food and food production;
- Promotes organic food and food production by participation in public events and through the media;
- Compiles a directory for the GTA area that lists where to get organic products;
- Produces fact sheets on organic food and food production;
- Holds regular meetings for members as well as an Annual General Meeting;
- Produces a regular newsletter for members.
You can help to support organic growing and eating through your membership or donations to COG.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions. Use our Contact Us page to tell us what we’re doing right or what we can improve on.